Loading..!
Interior Design

Characteristics of Quartz That MakeIt Perfect for Worktops

You might have seen quartz in several kitchens. This should not come as a surprise. Quartz has exceptional qualities. It also has properties that make it stand out compared with other natural stones. Therefore, even if you spend more for this type of worktop, you will still get good value. Here are the best characteristics of quartz that make it a perfect choice.

Durable

To create quartz worktops, 93% is quartz while the other 7% is resin binder. The result is a material that is really tough and strong compared with traditional worktops like marble. You can expect to use it for a really long time. Maintenance will not be an issue.

Tough on bacteria

Unlike granite, quartz requires no sealing in order to prevent bacteria from growing. In its natural form, it has the ability to prevent bacterial growth. It also requires little cleaning. You just have to wipe it with detergent and you are good to go. You don’t even need to hire a professional to help you maintain the worktop.

Aesthetically pleasing

Quartz can have a controlled appearance making it look really pleasing to the eyes. In terms of colour, patterns and texture, you won’t have any issue with quartz. It is designed to look really amazing. The moment you see it, you know that it is the right choice.

 

 

Heat resistant

Quartz was formed after hundreds of thousands of years. Heat and pressure helped create this natural stone. As a result, you can expect it to stay tough for a really long time. It won’t break or be easily damaged even if you place a hot pan on top of it right after it is taken off the stove.

Always looks new

The good thing about quartz is that even if you use it on a daily basis, it will still look amazing. This is true despite the constant use of water, food colouring, spices, vegetables and other ingredients needed for cooking. Even if you use the worktop for several years, its colour won’t fade. You can even sell the worktop years later and expect it to still be of high value.

These are just some of the reasons that will make you say that worktops made from quartz are the best choice you can possibly have. Yes, they come with a higher price tag, but if used for many years, it is worth the money. There is no question about its popularity given its practical use and durability.

If you can’t find a quality worktop in local stores, search online for a quartz worktop in London. There are stores selling high-quality worktops at reasonable prices. Since it does not require sealing, you don’t need to hire someone to help you in this regard. The worktop is ready for use right away.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *